Hello there! Did you realize you’re one of a kind? There is no one else like you in the world. You are deserving of being loved by others around you, but also by the most important person in your life – YOU.
Many of us find it difficult to practice self-love, especially when we are facing major circumstances. It’s not about being self-absorbed or narcissistic; it’s about reconnecting with oneself, one’s well-being, and one’s pleasure. We cultivate self-love in order to overcome limiting ideas and live a life that genuinely shines.
So, please do yourself a favor and take a deep breath, give yourself a hug, and begin doing the following:
- Stick a post-it notes on your mirror that says, “You look wonderful!” and accept the compliment every time you glance in the mirror.
- Purchase fresh flowers on occasion. – Make the space more appealing.
- Go for a stroll with no particular destination in mind. – It’s an excellent way to get some exercise while also clearing your thoughts. Take note of what you see, hear, and feel.
- Take a warm bath.
- Keep a journal. – Fill in the blanks with whatever comes to mind. Get your thoughts, experiences, dreams, and disappointments out of your mind and into paper.
- Make a list of the things you’re thankful for.
- Make a list of the qualities you admire in yourself. – We can all think of things we dislike about ourselves. Turn it around and consider all of your excellent attributes.
- Reward yourself. – We struggle with discipline, especially when it comes to money and food. You really deserve a prize, don’t you?
- Smile. – It’s impossible to feel awful when your face is bright and cheerful.
- Suppress negative ideas. – Pay attention to what’s going on in your thoughts and deliberately silence pessimists and critics. Assume the best rather than the worst.
- Experiment with something new.
- Get adequate rest. — When you’re fatigued, everything is difficult.
- Meditate. It may take some effort at first, but once you’ve found a meditation that works for you, you’ll feel calmer and more tranquil.
- Drink a lot of water. – It’s simple, yet it’s really beneficial to your health.
- Contact a friend. – Think of someone you like and call them!
- Seek assistance. – This can be difficult. But it’s critical to know when you need a sounding board, counsel, or an additional set of hands.
What are some ways you show yourself love during these trying times?